Friday, September 19, 2014

Week 4 Reflection - Nice Work If You Can Get It


I really enjoyed getting to learn more about resumes, cover letters, and memos this week. Being able to understand the best way to present ourselves in those professional documents allows us to have the best foot forward heading into interviews. One of the most interesting things we did this week that really sticks out in my mind is when we googled ourselves. I had never really put much thought into what information shows up and in what order. The tips and tricks to help control our online “resumes” was definitely something new for me to consider and use as I go forward. Something I would like to learn more about is how to approach online job applications, especially online applications that are used to automatically sort candidates based on previous experience and other information. Websites like usajobs.gov are completely based off of this type of process and offer a huge variety of jobs that some of us may want to apply for some day. Like I say in my title, any job is “nice work if you can get it,” and I believe that this week has definitely puts us on a path towards preparing ourselves to meet that success.

No comments:

Post a Comment